What's new

yamaha model lines - RX vs. HTR (1 Viewer)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Basically, the RX series are receivers sold in specialty stores and the HTR series are sold on the internet and mass market stores like Best Buy. I believe the HTR-5590 is comparable to the RX-V1300 which has been replaced by the RX-V1400 at the same list price of $800. There are some significant upgrades in the RX-V1400. Unless a retailer is drastically reducing the price of the HTR-5590 I suggest you look at the RX-V1400.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
thx marty.

i'm probably gonna stick with best buy (employee discount) - but as long as they're comparable, and nothing is "wrong" with the htr series, then i'm comfortable.

Aaron Garman

Second Unit
I have an HTR 5280, which was the same as the RXV800. From what I was told from all sources, including Yamaha, there is no difference other than the name and I think the Yamaha logo on the front is slightly different. If you can get one on discount at BBY (I used to work there so I got mine at 50% off :)). I absolutely love this reciever: it's the best $400 I ever spent!

AJG

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks