Yamaha, Klipsch, Acurus Combo?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Craig Ball, Dec 27, 2001.

1. Craig Ball

Craig Ball Second Unit

Ok heres my dilema, I know have the DSP-A1 and until adding the two acurus 200x3 amps thought it was outstanding. Let me start by saying that I love the all the DSP modes, I love the 7.1 front effects, and i loved the absolute silence i had. I then decided to order 2 Acurus 200x3 amps and an additional KLF-C7 center for rear channel duty, next on my list was to get the Outlaw 950. So the Acurus amps arrive and of course i hooked them up immediately and all of a sudden there is HISS from my speakers!! After a lot of trial and error it seems to me that the Acurus amps are only amplifing the noise that was already present in my A1. Just couldn't hear it before. So i find myself saying yes the Yamaha has to go!! but what about front effects, gone with Outlaw, what about dsp, gone with outlaw. To be gained 5 and 7 channel stereo, DPLII, DD-ES, bettr bass management. I'm willing to take the losses with the gains but only for absolute silence!! NO HISS!!! Feeling confused and wanted to talk about it.

Craig

2. Mike boettner

Mike boettner Stunt Coordinator

just get the rx-v1, they are getting less expencive as we speak!!!

3. Craig Ball

Craig Ball Second Unit

Yeah, but are you using this as a pre-amp? I'm mainly concerned about the HISS!!!

Craig