What's new

Yamaha HTR5790 Optimizer feature (1 Viewer)

JeffGu

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff TGutsell
I love my new 5790, but so far I've not configured its equalization, balance, etc. I prefer to run my system as flat as possible.

I don't understand from the manual what the Optimizer does. The manual implies that it's very important to run it, but I'm wondering if I don't need to.

Questions:

* What does the Optimizer do to the tonal balance and equalization? I don't want the bass to seem boosted artificially.

* We have speakers in two rooms. The second room (B Speakers on Zone 2) will always be just a 2-ch stereo setup. Is the Optimizer going to reconfigure those even if the microphone is in the room for Zone 1?

* Finally, if we don't like the results of running the Optimizer, how tough is it to undo the reconfiguration?

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
1-it performs an 8band parametric equalization on each of your speakers to compensate for variations in frequency response in the speaker itself or caused by room acoustics.
It will store 3 different sets of equalizations one of which is Flat, which will result in flatter frequency response than no equalization at all. You can select between the 3 eq modes at any time, or turn them off and use no eq at all--check your owner's manual. I had an RXV-1400, same box. The auto eq worked wonderfully, did not accentuate anything, no bass boost.

2-won't do anything to speakers in another room (Zone 2), only works for those in the primary setup.

3-yes you can turn off eq anytime, you don't need to undo it, just turn it off.

Terry_Y

Auditioning
I am trying to run Zone 2 speakers from the HTR-5790'a internal amp. I have it turned on in setup, everything wired,speakers connected to the Presence/Zone 2 speaker termnals, but can not figure out how to control them. Can any one help? I expect to be able to turn them off and on, as well as select the input source for this zone. The manual only talks about control components via the Zone selection on the remote if you set up the remote but only seems to work if you are using additional amps to control the zones.

Anyone??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks