What's new

yamaha htr5740 help (1 Viewer)

fred garvin

Agent
my friend picked this reciever up, and i am helping him hook it up, problem is, all of his components (digital cable box and DVD player) have coaxial outputs only. problem 2 is, i hooked up his cable box via digital coax cable to the reciever's only coaxial input (which is labelled CD) and can only get 2 channel out of it (no dolby digital, even though i know the cable box is capable of it). i'm afraid that the coaxial is only capable of 2 channel because it is labelled as CD. are my fears correct, and can it be possible that there is no way to use dolby digital/dts with the yamaha reciever unless i have optical hookups? i'm having trouble swallowing that Yamaha would eliminate all customers with only digital coax outputs

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I hvae the same reciever...

the digital inputs can be assigned to any input (ie it doesnt have to be for CD, can be set to V-aux, DVD, DTV/cbl, etc) in the INPUT menu of the ADVANCED SETUP.

The digital coaxial is capable of DD/DTS 6.1.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks