What's new

Yamaha HTR plays sound through front speakers or center speaker, but not both? (1 Viewer)

aevarga

Auditioning
Real Name
Alan
I have a Yamaha HTR-6030 receiver with an XBox 360 attached. Sometime during Christmas holidays something in the setup changed, and I no longer hear the center speaker when I'm in true 5-channel Dolby mode. If I switch to "Music Enh. 5-channel" sound, I hear the center speaker but not the front speakers. (The rear speakers and subwoofer are not affected.) The result is that I lose 5-channel but hear the dialog and sound effects in games, or I hear wonderful background music but lose the dialog.

Does anyone else have a similar Yamaha model, and understand its menus well enough to point me toward a solution?

aevarga

Auditioning
Real Name
Alan
This problem has cropped up again. The menu system on this receiver is terrible, and the remote control is not friendly. I also have a Yamaha HTR-5960 receiver in the living room, which has a more straightforward menu and a much better manual. However, it has standard audio and video components connected to it, not videogame consoles and a PC. Does anyone have experience with either or both of these receivers to point me to a solution for the HTR-6030? Thanks.

jane369

Auditioning
Real Name
jane
What can I say? I am in love with CSI Miami DVD for sale Horatio - he can grill me anytime! Honestly, all 3 series are very, very good. Each has its own charm, in particular, but all stories have worked very, very good and very believable characters. I'm sorry to hear that Grissom leaves, I was hooked because the unity of the whole. This is not to take anything away from Laurence Fishburn plays a character very believable, but I miss Will Peterson. I look forward to each new box for each of the three series.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks