What's new

Yamaha HTR-6090. Did I get the Best deal ever? (1 Viewer)

andy wells

Agent
I just got the HTR-6090- a 1,000 dollar reciever for 200 DOLLARS! UNREAL! The store re-modeled and was getting rid of some inventory. Haven't had the chance to mess with it yet.. What does the "Pure direct" button do? Does it only work with certian inputs? Thanks in advance.

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Great deal!

"Pure Direct is designed to provide pure Hi-fi reproduction (of either analogue or digital sources) from media such as CDs. When Pure Direct is switched on, the DIR block and D/A converter input are linked directly, completely bypassing the DSP circuitry. In addition to providing a shorter signal path, Pure Direct also shuts off the fluorescent display, video circuitry, RAM access operations, and the tuner PLL circuitry. In this way potential sources of unwanted noise are eliminated. Pure Direct can be selected by a dedicated switch on the front panel or remote unit."

So basically, Pure Direct bypasses the receiver’s processors, decoders and video circuitry to produce a much cleaner unmolested sound.

andy wells

Agent
Ok.. my understanding is it will not turn off the video signal if you use pure direct and have the reciever set to "auto". I am running HDMI from the HD-DVD player (HD-A1) Into the reciever then the reciever to the tv (Mitsubishi 65731) with another HDMI cable , and the picture will turn off, but I can hear the sound for a bit then the player stops and will tell me "No HDMI link" . Can anyone let me know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread