What's new

Yamaha htr 5860 or Pioneer 1015? (1 Viewer)

JordanRice

Agent
Okay, I'm a beginner to the HT world, and well on my way to picking a a polk rti system with:

Polk rti8's in the front
CSI5 center channel
fxi3's for surround
rti4's for the rear
a svs pb-12 sub

But my biggest problem is a receiver. I know I'll need one with some type of automatic calibration, because me handling an SPL meter is not gonna bring out a good result (Plus I'm lazy). I've been hearing that the yammy is better because of its DSP, but how good is the YPAO? Will it calibrate everything nicely?

Anybody that has experience with either the 5860 or the 1015 please help out.

rob-h

Second Unit
The 1015 is really closer to the yamaha 5890. The 5890 is more expensive though.

EvanW

Stunt Coordinator
i bought the 1014 and as u probably know it had a bad main circuitboard, so after 4 months there sending me a 1015 the 1015 is basically the same as the 1014 and the 1014 the same as the VSX-52TX elite, i personaly liked the pioneer over the yamaha, just because the way its all set up, and the looks, I do own yamaha's flagship speakers and a yamaha 2 ch receiver and love them both, as far as sound quality ud proabably like either one, yamaha has some features that that i liked over the pioneer, if i woulda known the 1014 was going to go out on me like that i woulda bought the yamaha but i didnt and the 1015 dosent seem to have this problem so go with which ever u like most, after buying my receiver i felt riped because they were online so much cheaper lol.

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
I like the 1015 a LOT better than the Yamaha (the Yamaha just doesn't feel 'right' to me, where as the Pioneer is just awesome in all ways, IMO)

Either way, you win, so just get something! :D

JordanRice

Agent
Thanks everybody for all the advice. I'm gonna look for the 1015 now. Its been sold out in a lot of places. But thanks for the help.

donLK

Auditioning
Anyone know a good place to purchase a Pioneer 1015? I placed an order at Etronics and it's been backordered for about 1 month now (even though at the time I placed the order it was showing in stock). This model seems to be sold out in many places. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks