Yamaha HTR-5790(Price help really)

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Petros_M, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Petros_M

Petros_M Auditioning

Ok I;ve decided to get the yamaha best buy has it for 799 but I've found it on line for 619 but I don't really know anything about these companies what I wanted to know is where do you guys get your stuff? Any good on-line companies that you deal with regularly? I'm more worried about warrenty issues and such. Thanks for any helo you guys can give.

2. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

Petros,

Good things have been said about EtailElectronics.com where the price of the 5790 was $539 and the shipping is pretty cheap, too.

I've never used them, but I think some of the members here have and possibly they'll chime in and give some input.

3. Allen Marshall

Allen Marshall Supporting Actor

This is the same model that puts out 140x7? What's the catch there, it's like the cheapest Reciever i've seen with that many watts a channel.

4. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

140 x 7 @ 1kHz.

110 x 7 @ 20Hz - 20kHz.

Don't get too wrapped up in the power output at 1kHz because you'll never just use that one frequency. Also, the rating of 110 x 7 just means that the receiver is capable of delivering 110 watts to each of the channels, but not sumultaneously.

However, keep in mimd that it's pretty rare when you'd need each of the channels to produce extensive output all at the same time when you are watching a movie.

5. Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander Screenwriter

Extremely rare!

6. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

The main thing to check is that the e-tailer is an authorized dealer to sell Yamaha products. This is the only way Yamaha will honor the warranty. Most e-tailers that are not authorized dealers will carry their own warranty.

7. tommy_E

tommy_E Agent

i got my 5790 for $530 at electronicgiant.com..now the new htr line is in...5890 for $529 +shipping check it out

ciao

8. KyleGS

KyleGS Second Unit

I can't get you a better price but I can suggest you look at the H/K's refurbs. The only reason I'm suggesting this is b/c I was just sent an HK430 to replace my Yammie 5760. The sound was night and day different. I loved the features and extras of my Yammie but the HK had MUCH better stereo sound and similar to slightly better 5.1 sound. Keep in mind this was to my ears, not yours. I value sound over features. I don't mean to change your mind, I only mentioned it to keep your mind open. The H/K refurbs have full warranty (2yr). G'luck.
    KS