What's new

yamaha htr-5590? (1 Viewer)

Lee M T

Second Unit
I just picked up the equivilent model below the one you speak of. Mine is the RX-V640 which is virtually identical to the HTR-5660. I highly recommend Yamaha's receiver line. I upgraded from a Pioneer and the difference is night and day to me. But definately gets your ears into listening mode and see for yourself.

As for the 5590, I believe it doesn't have preamp outputs. That's a pretty large no-no for the price. I'm assuming you found this unit at a Best Buy or similar store? Check out an audio specialty store, something like Tweeter (www.tweeter.com) The RX-V1300 is the same price and it has preamp outputs and probably a few other things. I'd go that route. I don't believe you can purchase this unit from Tweeter's web site though.

Anyhow, good luck with whatever you do.

andre-k

Agent
yea but i can get it for $495, new. I figure for that price its a steal. Im probably gonna be hookin it up to the klipsch synergy line and im wondering if it's a little too much power

Alton.M

Agent
be patient get the Rxv 1300. look online for a cheaper price. It's almost the end of the year, chances are the price has gone down. stick with the RXV line of yamaha's.:)

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
There is absolutely no difference in the 2 lines as far as quality they are exactly the same components but as stated the 5590 will not give you pre-outs other than that its the exact and I mean exact same as the rx-v1300 so if you dont care about Pre-Outs the go out and get if you can get it that cheap.

Mike_Gr

Stunt Coordinator
The Yammy will not have too much power for the Kipsche. In fact, the Klipsche's can handle far more than the Yammy will ever give them.

andre-k

Agent
well it says that the speakers can handle 100 rms and the reciever put out 120 per channel, so Im not sure

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks