What's new

Yamaha HTR-5560 vs. XV-530 (1 Viewer)

Kyle J

Auditioning
I've looked at both of these receivers, and I like them both. they are both the same price, but there's a problem. I'm a n00b, and I don't know the difference between these two receivers. Can anyone help?

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
If you can navigate thru the "busy" yamaha.com website and find Comparisons, features will be listed. One of the larger differences is the 530 comes with preouts on the rear to later add a separate amplifier; HTR5560 does not. This may not be a big factor for you.

It's indicative of small differences betw the HTR and RX-V lines, which otherwise may offer identical power and processing specifications.

Andy_SB

Agent
Actually, the RX-V530 is equivalent to the HTR-5550, while the HTR-5560 would be equivalent to the RX-V630.

So the 5560 is actually one rung up the ladder in Yamaha's model line.

- Andy

BrianJ>Y

Stunt Coordinator
The 5560 has preouts, I'm not sure if the 530/5550 has them. I would suggest you buy the 5560, it comes with a lot more features than the 5550/530.

-Brian

Kyle J

Auditioning
Thanks a lot guys. That helped out a bunch. I'll be going with the 5560. Yesterday it was $399 at Besybuy and on their website. Today it is $499 at best buy and $474 on their website. I should have bought it yesterday!:rolleyes:Oh well, i can get it cheaper online anyways.

I got a great price on some Yamaha Speakers though, they were open box items, perfect condition. Some floor speakers for $149 ($199 reg.) and some bookshelf speakers for $49 ($79 reg.) So I guess I got off with a good deal.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Thanks a lot guys. That helped out a bunch. I'll be going with the 5560. Yesterday it was $399 at Besybuy and on their website. Today it is $499 at best buy and $474 on their website. I should have bought it yesterday! Oh well, i can get it cheaper online anyways.
You might want to check with J&R. Last summer, they price matched this receiver for me. $300 + $28.00 shipping. However, I liked my Denon a little better, so I returned it. But, I think the 5560 with a nice, used $800 5-channel amp would make for a very nice setup. :)

Kyle J

Auditioning
where'd you get the price of $300 from? the cheapest I can find is like $400 with shipping included.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Kyle,

In my post, I indicated J&R out of New York. They were selling it at $300 this past summer. J&R will price match many vendors if you can provide them with a link to a site. A quick visit to Yahoo! Shopping revealed quite a few vendors who were offering the receiver in the $300 - $320 range. You might want to start with locating a vendor who has a great price, then contact J&R tomorrow. J&R offers a 30-day return policy and they don't charge restocking fees. Plus, they're an authorized vendor.

Kyle J

Auditioning
Wayne, why did you like your Denon over the Yamaha? and which model was it? Was it in the same price range?

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Kyle,

I had the Denon AVR-1802 receiver which was in the same league as far as price goes. For me, in my situation, I felt the Denon had more "punch" and the Yamaha wasn't a good fit in my situation. I utilized an SPL meter and the Sound and Vision DVD for setting the Yamaha up, so I know it was set up properly. My plan was to use the Yamaha for DVDs and some music listening and move the Denon up to the bedroom. However, after about 3 weeks, I realized the Yamaha wasn't for me, so I elected to return it.

Yamaha gear, for the most part, is very nicely constructed. I would consider their gear in the future - which is why I made the comment of pairing the 5560 with a nice, used 5-channel amp. I feel this would be a killer combo - and provide plenty of "punch" that the 5560 couldn't deliver with its built-in amps in my scenario.

I just recently purchased a HTR-5560 two weeks ago. I wasn't initially looking to get a Yamaha product, but after demoing a few different receivers at my local Tweeter etc., the sales guy suggested I buy the Yamaha, go home and give it a test run with my set-up. (30 day return policy)

I was impressed. The 5560, offered a bunch more features for the money in my price range. It had no problem driving my JBL speakers. After calibration this past weekend, movies never sounded so good...

Price paid 349.00 + tax

HienN

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Hien
For anyone who lives near a Fry's store: They have the HTR-5560 on sale for $297 (actually cheaper than the 5550 next to it at $349!). Price good through 2/11. I picked one up today, brand new in factory sealed box. I was looking at a Kenwood which was more in my price range until I saw the sale price on the 5560. I couldn't be happier.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks