What's new

Yamaha, HK, Denon, Pioneer Elite, Im going to purchase on sat. (1 Viewer)

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
First of all I know I ask alot of questions and sometimes I repeat myself. But this saturday I will be upgrading my receiver. Now I have narrowed it down to 4 choices.

Yamaha RXV-1400: I like this because my wife knows how to use the remote. Plus YPAO

Denon AVR-2803: Alot of people at my work point to denon.

Harmon Kardon AVR-330: Love the look of it, plus I feel more comfertable with the way they rate power.

Pioneer Elite VSX-41: Again a visual thing. Unfortunatly this one doesnt have Mcacc.

Now Im leaning towards the Yamaha just mainly because of the YPAO, also I have a strong yearning for the HK. Im not too enthralled with the pioneer but I still like it. Can I get some opinions on these? Thanks in advance.

Also Im going to print out info on all 4 of these and read it over tonight.

greg_t

Screenwriter
Pioneer Elite VSX-41: If I'm not mistaken, this is the same reciever as the Pioneer 812 reciever, and isn't worth the extra cash. If you're going to go with an Elite, I would go for a higher model.

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Ok well Im pretty sold on the yamaha because of YPAO. But I just read another post saying the 3300 has alot more dynamics and power.

So Im gonna take a look at work and see if we still have a 3300 and Ill also see if my manager will give me the denon avr 4802 for a great deal.

Don Barduca

Stunt Coordinator
Good choice Jesse. I would consider the 4802 the best then the 3300 and 1400 next based on whether you need the better amp and power supply of the 3300 or want the newer features on the 1400. Good hunting.

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Yeah thats what im debating now. The thing with the 4802 is its missing that bad ass touchscreen remote. Also the 3300 is proably missing the remote also. But I want to know if I should go with the 2400 over the 1400.

Don Barduca

Stunt Coordinator
I would save the $ and go with the 1400 over the 2400. How is the pricing for the other two? For the remote I have observed that a receiver has the most unique buttons on it of any component in your system. That is why other universal remotes seem to always fall short of the remote that came with the unit (a long as it was a learning remote.) because they cannot capture all of your functionality. However, if the price is good and you could afford a fully customizable touchscreen remote, such as the Pronto it would more than make up for it. Otherwise you could also buy the original remote again as well. Pronto would be better though.

Juan L

Agent
Real Name
Juan Leon
Jesse,

What kind of receiver do you have now? The reason why I ask is because I currently own a 4802 and the 3801 (predecessor to the 3802 and 3803) prior to her (she's my precious girl:D). If you can get the 4802, do it man! When I first got her, I remember thinking that there was no difference in the sound. Then she got broken in and it was a whole new story from there. Without getting into details, the soundstage really opened up with a much warmer midrange and tighter, better defined bass. While the newer Denons may sport better DAC's, I doubt that the sound would be much improved (save the 5803). Better build, better power supply, better isolation of internal components, THX Ultra certification. Get the 4802.

Juan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks