What's new

Yamaha DVD-S2300 Problem with SACD (1 Viewer)

Eric Thorstenson

Auditioning
Thought I'd post concerning a problem I've been having with the Yamaha DVD-S2300 and SACDs, and see if anyone else has had a similar experience...

I'm on my second of these players now, and both have had problems reading and/or playing various SACDs. The first one skipped intermittently on about 5 of the 25 or so discs that I own. It also failed completely to read Chesky's Chuck Mangione "Everything for Love", and played but skipped continuously on Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" and Indigo Girls "Become You". The second one, a MkII, is better, but still does not read the Chesky disc, and still skips intermittently (though not nearly as bad as the first) on about every fourth disc. All of these discs play just fine in my Pioneer Elite DV-45A and my Denon DVD-2900.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Eric

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
I have the 2300 Mk II. I don't have any of the discs you mentioned having problems, but so far it has played all of my SACDs and DVD-As without any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks