Yamaha DVD-CX1... anybody have, play, review?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve & Karen, Jan 24, 2003.

1. Steve & Karen

Steve & Karen Stunt Coordinator

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Steve, the 'CX1 has been discussed here in a favorable light on occasion. A search should yield the threads in question.

3. Steve & Karen

found them, thanks.
    price keeps dropping,,, wonder whats replacing it in yam changer (2300 is single).

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Steve, I've heard nothing about a new changer from Yamaha. The 'CX1 was released as the "flagship" DVD-Audio changer, and the 'C6480/'C920 were released as a more affordable model (the 'C6480 and 'C920 are one in the same). As far as I know, these models have all been discontinued. Last time I checked, Crutchfield was blowing out the 'C6480 for $400 and OneCall for $360.

While these changers offer DVD-Audio, but not SACD, the 'S2300 is a universal player. No manufacturers have yet announced a universal changer.

5. Steve Simm

Steve Simm Stunt Coordinator

I have a CX1. I bought it back in October. Got it on clearance for about 60% off msrp. I think it was a good buy. I bought it for DVD-A capability primarily but also to play CD's as well. It sounds fine to me. I am not an audiophile but can tell the difference between what sounds good and what doesn't. My only complaints with the CX1 are more ergonomic. I don't care for the remote but it is usable (no pronto) and it seems to take several seconds for DVD-A discs to load up but this may be normal. All in all I have no regrets. I am using it with a DSP-A1 and Boston Acoustic VR-M series speakers.

If you have particular questions let me know and I will go more in depth if you would like.

6. Steve & Karen

Thank you all... very kind to take the time... CX1 sounds like what I'm looking for,,, fyi going with Rotel rsx-1055 and Paradigm Studio 40 speakers & Pinnacle Baby Boomer sub.

-Steve

7. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Steve, that sounds like a nice system. Enjoy it! I'm thinking that my next A/V receiver will be a Rotel. They are excellent.