Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
does anyone have reviews of this etc?
price paid.

thanks.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Chris, in perusing Yamaha's web site, it appears that the 'C920 is the same player as the 'C6480. The only difference is that the 'C6480 is included in a home-theater-in-a-box system as well as being available alone, while the 'C920 is only available alone. There have been some discussions about the 'C920/'C6480 here. A search should prove helpful. This player looks to be a good value at around $400.

Matt Jesty

Second Unit
I wonder why this unit which ,to me, seems on par with the dvd1600 gets so little attention...5 discs, faru, burr-brownx6, etc..........$379.......

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Matt, you may have noticed that Yamaha DVD players get little attention here in general. The top-of-the-line 'CX1 has been discussed here only a few times, while comparably priced players like the Sony 'S9000ES and Denon '3800 have been discussed ad nauseum. :)

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
why is this and the CX1 already deleted?

what and when do their replacements come out?

should I just buy a Panasonic RP82 (forego changer)?

thanks.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Chris, good question. Last time I checked, these models were still up on Yamaha's web site, but dealers have been discounting them. A few weeks ago, OneCall was blowing out the 'C6480 (equivalent to the 'C920) for $359.10. In any event, I have not heard of any replacement DVD-Audio players coming down the pike. Yamaha will be releasing the 'S2300 single-disc universal player (DVD-Audio and SACD) soon, so perhaps they will be focusing their efforts on universal models from here on out.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
ah,

I just found out about CP72 changer from Panasonic. will go for that I think.

whadaya reckon?

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Chris, Panasonic players have a great reputation on the video side, as they don't show the chroma bug. I don't know how the Yamaha changers compare in this area. However, I doubt the Panasonic 'CP72 will keep up with the Yamaha models on the audio side. For one thing, the 'CP72 is much cheaper. Also, in my experience, Panasonic players are O.K. with audio, but not great. I feel Yamaha makes better audio components in general. Just my opinion. All of this said, I have a Technics DVD-Audio player (part of Matsushita, like Panasonic), and it is a good DVD-Audio player. With CDs, it is lackluster, though.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
anyone know what the S830 is?

apparently the brochure I have is in advance of product release.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Chris, I haven't heard of that one. Does the brochure you have list retail prices? I can tell you that the 'S830 will be a single-disc player. The 'S' in the model number is the dead giveaway there. Yamaha uses a 'C' or 'CX' to denote changers.

Steve Simm

Stunt Coordinator
I bought the CX1 about 2 weeks ago and am very pleased so far with it's performance. Ergonomically I am slightly less impressed with the remote and how the menus are laid out. Not as easy to operate as my Sony DVPS-7700. For what I paid and what it can do I am happy. I almost bought the 920 but the CX1 was only $100 more.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
I need a progressive (with DCDi/faru deinterlacer) SACD player, with a screensaver.

My RP82 doesn't have a screensaver, and static menu left burn-in on my new plasma.

Any ideas?

Since my receiver only has 1 6 channel input, how would I hookup both DVD-A and SACD - a splitter?

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks