What's new

Yamaha DSP-A1/RX-Z1 (1 Viewer)

Steven_C

Grip
I have owned a DSP-A1 amp for several years now with no problems. I have it configured for both on the LF and my mains set to large as I have Infinity Kappa 8A's for my main speakers. I just bought the RX-Z1 on clearnace at the Good Guys. I have read a couple articles that state the bass management is different between the two, however looking at the manuals on both it looks like setting the mains to large and the LFE to both will give me the same results- Main bass to both the LFE and the main speakers at the same time. Does anybody have any input as to how either one of these really work in the bass management area? Thanks in advance.

Steve

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Not sure I understand the confusion, Steve. If both have settings for “Speaker Large plus LFE,” why would you expect any difference between the two?

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Steven_C

Grip
I have read a couple posts and articles in the past that stated the bass management was different between the two units. I am just trying to find out exactly how the bass management works on these units and if they are the same or different in that respect.

Steve

Steve Simm

Stunt Coordinator
The DSP-A1 does bass mgmt (although at 90 hz) on the 6 channel analog inputs for DVD-A/SACD while the RX-Z1 does not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks