What's new

Yamaha DLP DPX-1 (1 Viewer)

Paul NNNN

Auditioning
Does anyone have this DLP and willing to share their Image + sub menu settings (contrast brightness etc). I have calibrated with Avia and use this one program setting all the time (the factory settings are useless). I would like to program more settings based on other peoples experience.

I have 1075 hours on the lamp and having experienced the "blackout" factory programmed to happen after the 1000 hours + grace period to have you replace the bulb. I reset to 0 hours and got the picture back up with no noticeable difference. Has anyone run the lamp for more than the 1000 hours and can tell me at what time they noticed picture deterioration.

These lamps are very expensive and hard to find. Has anyone found a reliable source to purchase a replacement lamp.

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
I have the DPX-1
Several others at AVS also have it.
I do not have my current settings available to share with you.
I have found some very interesting information in regards to replacement lamps not long ago.
This will put a HUGE :) on your face..
You may want to read this thread at AVS
Yamaha DPX-1 & Plus Users Let's Talk LAMPS
Also some have used the lamp near 3000 Hrs!
Look for ElmerM reply
These same lamps are rated for 2000-3000hrs.
Your lamp should make it to that 2000+ hrs.
I'm Diode1 at AVS.
-Jerry

Paul NNNN

Auditioning
Thanks Jerry, your reply and links were extremely informative and helpful (and about $200 better off!) I will look to purchase the VIPR 120/P24 and use the original as a back up.
As a matter of interest, where did you find the replacement lamp at $370? If it is an on-line supplier I would be interested to use being a tested source.

I would still appreciate to hear from anyone out there who would be willing to share their most used (or suggested)calibration settings on the Yamaha DPX-1. Mine are as follows:

Black Level -4
Contrast 0
Brightness 0
Gamma Trim D
Sharpness 1
Color Boost 0
Color Temp Mid-L
WHITE BALANCE
Contrast R 92%
G 100%
B 99%
Brightness R 0.4%
G 0%
B 0%

Many thanks
Paul

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
Paul,
If you could turn on your pm or email, I can send you the purchase info. They are here in Florida, You may even find those lamps cheaper if you look around. Be sure to use the Plus projector models I list at AVS. Those are confirmed. Once the lamp arrives it's just PLUG-PLAY :)
-Jerry

Paul NNNN

Auditioning
Hi Jerry,
I have turned on PM.
I used to live in FL and will be there later this year. I actually bought my DPX-1 in FL and one of the things I like about the DLP is that you can simply pack it up and take it with you (could not do that with my old Runco CRT - it broke my vack just taking it down).
Regards
Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks