Yamaha DLP 100

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Paul NNNN, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Paul NNNN

Paul NNNN Auditioning

Aug 10, 2003
    I have just changed the lamp (old one at 1700 hours and still going strong). Thanks to Jerry Klawiter I purchased a Plus U2-1080 bulb for almost 50% of the Yamaha lamp.
    It is exact and works perfectly - Jerry - thanks again.

Has anyone recently calibrated their DLP. I would like to share the settings if there is interest. I have one setting that seems to work great for almost everything and tend to use it all the time but would like to compare by programming others. I used the original Avida Calibration DVD.

Any innovations out there to improve the picture quality any more?

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

May 22, 1999

Sharing the internal settings does not help. The adjustments are there because there is so much varation in the electronics, mechanics and environment that the factory cannot pick the right settings. You have to get the television home, and adjust it for your sources. This is why the better televisions have separate setting values for each input - different DVD players, Sat recievers, CATV box's, VCR's, etc., all produce different voltage levels.

So even if we had the identical model number television, my settings wont help you.