What's new

Yamaha Display (1 Viewer)

HowardCanning

Auditioning
Basically I have a new Yamaha RX-V650 receiver (and what a fantastic bit of kit it is!) and am wondering whether I can have any control over what is displayed on it's front display when it's in use.

For example... When watching a DVD and it switches to a DD/DTS source it will say "DOLBY DIGITAL" or "DTS" for a second before "SUR. STANDARD" (Or "STRAIGHT" depending on what "DSP" options I have on) will appear and stay there.
My question is, is there any way of ridding it of these "SUR. STANDARD" messages and just making it say either Dolby Digital/DTS, etc or the name of the input source for example? I find it rather irritating compared to saying "DVD" or "TV" or "Dolby Digital" or something :frowning:

Sorry if this appears to be a silly question, but where there's a will there's a way!

Thanks

VicQ

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry, Howard, there's no way of overiding SUR. STANDARD to say something else...

-Vic

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks