What's new

Yamaha Debuts The Rx-z9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

terence

Supporting Actor
The RX-Z9 features:

9.1 channels (7.1 + 2 effects channels)
170W x 7 + 50W x 2
Digital Component Video Up-conversion
DVDi Progressive Scan Processing
i.Link (IEEE 1394) Digital Audio Interface
New On-scren Display with GUI
HD Cinema DSP
THX Ultra2 Processing
Variable Bass Management for Multi-channel Output
5 Years Special Warranty

YAMAHA DEBUTS THE RX-Z9: THE WORLD'S FIRST 9.1-CHANNEL HOME THEATER RECEIVER
––New Flagship Receiver Sets Audio/Video Standards with Versatility and Innovation–– Includes Yamaha's Cinema DSP and THX Ultra II Certification––
INDIANAPOLIS –– Yamaha, the innovator of multi-channel Digital Sound Field Processing and surround technology, brings first ever 9-channel sound capability to home theater with the release of the RX-Z9 Digital Home Theater Receiver.

As the new center of the home theater universe, the RX-Z9 provides quality and power to high-performance home theater systems. The incredible audio experience and performance of the RX-Z9 is provided by its sheer power and distinct audio purity.

Features include massive 9-channel power amplification (170W x 7, 50W x 2 for a total of 1,290W) and Yamaha's Digital ToP-ART (Total Purity Audio Reproduction Technology) designed for premium digital sound. The high current amplification system uses a symmetrical drive and full push/pull circuit configuration with a FET input stage. The large toroidal transformer and large capacity block chemical condenser (28,000µF) ensure a stable power supply.

Offering the industry's newest levels of sound format compatibility, the RX-Z9 easily decodes all formats, including Dolby Digital–EX, Dolby Pro Logic II, DTS-ES Discrete, DTS-ES Matrix 6.1, DTS 96/24 and Neo:6.

Yamaha's new digital sound field processing—HD CINEMA DSP—uses four powerful 32-bit proprietary LSIs, providing a complete range of realistic music and movie sound reproduction. Up to 51 surround programs offer a vast range of listening options, including a SILENT CINEMA mode for enjoying surround-like sound through headphones, and THX Ultra II post processing.

In addition to superb sound, the RX-Z9 delivers optimum video quality via direct component video up-conversion, which ensures highest-quality with any signal input. Other features include Progressive Scan Video Output, Time B ase Corrector, Motion Adaptive Noise Reduction, plus Faroudja's DCDi and TrueLife Enhancer processing.

Using the most advanced LSIs and circuit technology, the RX-Z9 delivers superb audio and video quality while providing outstanding performance and user-friendly home theater system management.

Another remarkable new feature is YPAO (Yamaha Automatic Parametric Room Acoustic Optimizer), which provides highly precise room audio optimization automatically at the touch of a button. With the YPAO, the RX-Z9 will automatically analyze and optimize room acoustics at the user's listening position using a parametric EQ.

A highly intuitive Graphical User Interface (GUI) provides quick access and easy control of all functions. Additional audio features include iLink Digital audio Interface for SACD/DVD-Audio, Pure Direct mode for high quality 2-channel sound reproduction and heavy-duty chassis construction with separate chambers.

The RX-Z9 offers an extensive range of inputs and outputs, plus the custom- installation-friendly RS-232C interface and extended IR codes for customized home theater installations.

The RX-Z9 (MSRP $4,499) will be available in the late Fall and will be introduced at the CEDIA 2003 show at Yamaha's booth (#218), Indianapolis Convention Center, beginning September 5th.

For more information, write Yamaha Electronics Corporation, P.O. Box 6660, Buena Park, CA 90622; telephone (714) 522-9105; email [email protected]; or visit www.yamaha.com/yec.

Brochure Here:

http://www.hifi-regler.de/pdfdata/dsp-z9.pdf

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Words cannot describe how magnificent this receiver is. It is so that I must invent a word for it.

"Scrumtulecent"

:D

Me ... want ... it ... GIMME GIMME GIMME!

DonnyD

Screenwriter
I was in a local B&M last week and they were showing me some lit on this monster. I came home and starred at my
V-1 hoping it would magically change to a V-9.
After a week of starring..... guess, it will only change if I bribe it.
The V-9 is gonna be a sweet piece.
On the 9.1... the V-1 will do that too if you run two rears instead of 1.......... That's the way I configured mine and much prefer 2 rears over 1 anyway........

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks