Yamaha c6760 versus Onkyo cp702

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Ben Hausmann, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Ben Hausmann

Ben Hausmann Auditioning

Yamaha c6760 or Onkyo cp702
    I'm looking to get a new DVD to go in a system with an Integra 5.1 receiver,no HDTV. I don't care about SACD capability. Will either of these players serve me well? I really only need and want a single disc as will only serve a a dvd player--not a cd player--but my wife insists on something that isn't silver because every component, cabinet, TV, etc are all black (I know, I know...). I had considered both the H/K 22 and the Pioneer 578S but they are silver...doomed again. So I'm stuck with a 200 or so budget and those needs. Any opinion would be great. Thanks.

2. Dennis_N

Dennis_N Agent

Is it true that the Yamaha C6760 is the same as the Yamaha C750? I am just trying to get my thought straight here!

3. matthewRaz

matthewRaz Stunt Coordinator

no. the 6770 is the same as the c750 (which i have and love). the 6760 is older and supports sacd but not dvd-a (the 750/6770 does both). i also have a sony dvp-ns575p which i find fine for dvd only - single disk, progressive scan and comes in black - for less than $100 u.s.

4. anand_narayanan

anand_narayanan Auditioning

Dont go with the Onkyo...I bought it and it doesnt have good picture. Apparently it is a problem that customer support couldnt resolve.

5. ChrisHeflen

ChrisHeflen Supporting Actor