What's new

Yamaha 5760 vs pioneer vsx-1014tx (1 Viewer)

bryan A

Agent
I have had my eye on both of these receivers, but as of yesterday I pulled the trigger on the pioneer 1014. Am I missing out on anything by not getting the yamaha over the pioneer?

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
If your interested in the 5760 jandr.com has it for $369 with free ground shipping.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
The Pioneer has all the features of the 5760 as well as an automatic room-eq (the 5760 only has auto-spl settings). The 1014TX will also likely have more true power output (the yamahas have tested very low in true power based on their rated specs, Elite products (which the 1014TX essentially is) have rated much better). The 5790 would be a better comparisson to the 1014TX feature wise but would still have less true power output.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
bryan,

I think you've made a good choice. I made the jump from a Yamaha 5760 to a Pioneer Elite 54TX. At first, I couldn't feel as though I was able to justify the $480 in additional funds that I had to lay out to get the 54TX. I mean, I liked it - sounded good, etc. However, once I ran the auto-EQ, I could not believe how the receiver has a more "custom-fit" in my room. The auto EQ works to correct some of the shortcomings of your listening room. This is a very good, and worhwhile feature. I'm sure you'll enjoy your 1014TX.

But, I will state, for $300 - 350, the Yamaha 5760 can't be beat at that price. Sure, you might be able to find some refurbs for that price to compete with it. However, comparing new receivers to new receivers for that price range, the 5760 really shines.

bryan A

Agent
Thanks guys,

I just wanted to make myself feel like I made a good decision. I wanted to find a receiver with the most bang for the buck and it sounds like I have found one, I can't wait unit it arrives it is being shipped to me on thursday.

Users who are viewing this thread