What's new

Yamaha 2600 question (1 Viewer)

BrettisMckinney

Second Unit
Hey guys, I just got some cash that i wanna burn and I dont think I can hold out on a receiver till next year when they support the new HD formats. Currently im using a Yammy rxv496..pretty old school. So im looking at maybe getting the 2600. Hopefully I can hear some improvement over the previous model.

Im using Paradigm Monitor 7 v2's and the current receivers 65w just isnt pushing them enough. I live in Australia and I cant find any yammy 2500's, which im pretty sure are the same as 2600 but no HDMI upconvert? The price i've had so far is $1890 aus.

So what do you guys think, should i do it? Or am i shooting myself in the foot with HD? I have NO idea when HD will finally hit our shores, so could take forever. ANd i'll always be able to use Analog 5.1 if the players decode right?

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

aaron campbell

Second Unit
BrettisMckinney

Does your current receiver have preouts? If so, I would buy a 2 channel amp for the Monitor 7's and wait on the receiver upgrade.

Aaron

BrettisMckinney

Second Unit
Aaron, my current receiver doesnt have pre-outs. If so, then yeah, that would have been a good suggestion. It seems as though everything we own will be redundant when the full HD comes into swing. As HDMI 1.3 will be need on everything to get full advantage. That means, new display and receiver!

Im just hoping that using analog 5.1 will suffice with HD-DVD for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks