Yamaha 2400 & Zone 2

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by DaveAr, Apr 30, 2004.

1. DaveAr

DaveAr Stunt Coordinator

Here is what i am trying to do. I have a second set of speakers set to Speaker B. These speakers are outside on my deck.
    How can I solely hear these speakers without having the ones inside on?
    I went into the Zone 2 amp, turned it on, sound was very low, and I cannot raise it.
    Do I need to set it up seperately?
    What does one do if they ONLY want the external speakers to be used, and nothing on in the house?
    Thanks. I read the amnual, but found it a little confusing or overwhelming.
    Had this Rec. now for a while and still learning, but now that summer is approaching I need the outdoor speakers to work.
    Thanks again all.:b

2. JamesCB

JamesCB Second Unit

What model receiver? Most receivers with A & B speaker outs allow for A, or B, or A+B. Is there no way to turn off the A speakers and leave on the B speakers? Definitely list the model and make for us.

PS. I like your signature.
    "They tell you black is really white. The moon is just the sun at night. And when you're walking golden halls, you get to keep the gold that falls. It's heavan and hell."

3. RobCar

RobCar Stunt Coordinator

If the speakers on the deck are hooked into the B speaker terminals on the receiver, then simply turn on the B speakers and turn off the A speakers on the front panel. And that's it. You shouldn't be using a separate amp or anything. The B speakers are different from Zone 2 or 3.

4. DaveAr

DaveAr Stunt Coordinator

No, they are set up for Zone 2. These feature allows you to watch or listen to something in one room, and allow you to listen to something else in another room. For example you can watch a movie/sports in family room, and listen to cd's, tuner etc outside.
    I am having trouble setting upi the remote to handle the second zone.:b

5. kevitra

kevitra Second Unit

Do you have the source you are trying to listen to in Zone 2 hooked up with the analog connection? You cannot use a digital source for zone 2. If you are trying to use a digital source, that could be part of the problem.

6. RobCar

RobCar Stunt Coordinator

I thought Zone 2 and B speakers were different. Can someone clarify?

7. jeff peterson

jeff peterson Supporting Actor

Yes, zone 2 and b speakers ARE different. The B output is an amplified speaker output and should work fine for you. The zone 2 output is UN-amplified and needs to be input to another amplifier; your deck speakers would then be output from that amp.

8. DaveAr

DaveAr Stunt Coordinator

The Zone 2, on the 2400 HAS it's own amp. That way you can utilize 2 different sources at the same time.
    The problem I encountered was setting up the remote to be able to recognize these.
    Yes, the remote that comes with the unit needed to be setup to recognize the commands for Zone 2. Why? Who knows. I corrected it by accident.:b