What's new

Yamaha 2400 or AVR 7200?? (1 Viewer)

Rick Jones

Grip
Considering they are the same price what would you choose. After hearing the AVR7200 was so dam good i'm having my doubts about the 2400 i'm getting for the same price. Any thoughts?

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
If both are the same price, I'd spring for the H/K AVR-7200. If your dealer is trying to sell the RXV-2400 for $999 to you, keep in mind that there are other retailers selling this receiver for much less money. If the 2400 was $749 and the 7200 was $999, the decision would be a harder one - and I would be tempted to go for the 2400 and put $250 towards some other gear.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
I agree. The HK is a little more feature rich I think compared to the Yamaha 2400, but make sure you're not overpaying.

Rick Jones

Grip
Anymore thoughts?? The H/k is bout $950 after shipping from an authorized dealer.

Though i'm having trouble finding a way to fit it! My audio rack glass panels are 21inches and this thing is 20 and a half.

Anyone know how far the front pads on the bottom are from the front of the unit?? I'd like to place those on the very front of my glass and have the unit overhang to fit it if possible. I'm guessing i need about 2 or 3 inchs in the back for connections.

Rick Jones

Grip
Also isn't it measured from the front of the volume knob?? Or whatever sticks out the most. How much does that stick out actually??

RichD Davis

Auditioning
The H/K is a superior receiver. There is no way I would purchase a Yamaha 2400 over it.

I just bought a 630, and based on my experience over the last two weeks, I wouldnt trade it for the Yamaha, and the 7200 is more powerful than that.

Rick Jones

Grip
Yah i just can't fit it!! My shelf can fit it but down the center i have a small cable mangement system rod. If the speaker terminals line up with this i may have trouble.

I know they measure from the front of the volume knob(Since that sticks out most) to the terminals. I just need to know if maybe theres a way i could make it fit.

How much space is it from the bottom pads in the front to the front of the reciever?? I could let the front hang off no problem if needed.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
well don't forget top and bottom. The reciever needs room to breathe. The same for the Yamaha. You are going to need some good airflow and if it's not in an open space then I wouldn't recommend it as that HK will run very very very hot if not in a properly ventelated space.

Rick Jones

Grip
No the sides are wide open and there's like over a foot of space from the next shelf if needed. Just the dam thing is too deep! They could have made it higher instead of deeper!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks