What's new

Yamaha 2095 Speaker level problem (1 Viewer)

John DeSantis

Stunt Coordinator
I replaced my rear surrounds and tried to set the sound level. I was using the reveiver test tones and when It would switch to Front right as soon as I tried to change the level it would jump back to center and change it. It has been awhile since I set these but I don't remember having this problem. All the other positions seem to work normally. I wish there was a way to keep the tone on one speaker longer. Guess I'll try the V.E. CD. Anyone else experience this with the Yamaha 2095?

Steve Russell

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know if this will address your problem but I have noticed some sticky buttons on my original 2095 remote. I use a RC-2000 MkII now and the Yamaha remote sits for months until there is something I need to use it for. I have noticed that I have a hard time getting into the speaker level settings after the remote has been unused for a long time. I would program the speaker level buttons into my marantz but it is full. I am controlling 9 components and a tv with it. I need to go into it and weed out the commands I don't use to clear some of the memory out. Don't know if that info helps but it is the only experience I have had that resembles yours. Good luck, hope it isn't a mechanical problem.

John DeSantis

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for responding. I was thinking about another remote also. Yamaha has a new universal remote ( touch screen etc )

I'm going to post this seperately but I'll add here that I'm looking for the 2095 User Manual in PDF form. I had downloaded it last year but can't find the file now. I went back to the Yam site and they don't have it listed for download. Hard to believe. The 2095 isn't that old! Hopefully another 2095 owner may have it.

Users who are viewing this thread