What's new

Yamaha 2095 Owners..... (1 Viewer)

John DeSantis

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone happen to know the Remote code for the 2095? Trying to get my Cable remote to work the 2095 using the AUX button... Thanks for any help.

David X

Stunt Coordinator
Don't you have the manual? The Yamaha receiver manuals are online, but they don't have a link for the 2095. So, just find another model with the same or similar remote.
http://www.yamaha.com/yec/customer/m...an_av_rcvr.htm
I'm assuming you want to program your yamaha remote to operate your cable box using the AUX button on the yamaha remote. If that's incorrect, please clarify what you're looking for. Also, I can give you the codes for the RX-V995, but they are online, so you can look them up yourself. The 995 has this bizarre silver remote with a door anyway and I almost never use it .. it sits in the cable and remote drawer in my system .. does the 2095 use the same remote? My mitsu tv remote can control volume and power for the reciever and I have an MX-500 for everything else.

John DeSantis

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, but maybe I wasn't clear. I want to program the Cable remote so that it at least turns on the 2095. I do have the Manual for the 2095 ( pdf too ) but I don't see any listing of the code for the Receiver. The Yamaha remote is probably similar to the 995. It's the RAV 180. It could probably run everthing but it's big, awkward, and too many buttons for my wife. The cable box remote will be much better if I can get it to turn on the Yamaha. It's strange that the code listing that came with the Cable Remote doesn't list any Yamaha Products.......

Don P

Auditioning
That silver remote is pretty nasty. If you're looking for anything related to remotes I would go to http://www.remotecentral.com as there might be some information there. Search their archives etc...
I had a similiar problem with my Yamaha remote - too complicated - so much so that my friends dubbed it The Hubble. I broke down, spent $20 and got an OFA - Cinema 7. Great learning remote that my Wife navigates with ease.

John DeSantis

Stunt Coordinator
Don: Thanks. I have been searching and finding some codes. ( none work yet ) Do you know if all Receiver/Amp codes are 4 digit? If so I can eliminate many that I'm finding that are 3 digit and I think are for other components like CD Players etc. Also, what is an OFA remote? Is that a Brand? Thanks again......

Don P

Auditioning
Not sure about the actual number of digits in a code. I imagine that ultimately that will depend on your remote. I would suspect that it is safe to say that if all of the codes in the cable manual are 4 digits then the 3 digit codes won't work. There is also a fair chance you won't find a code as I haven't seen too many cable remotes that handle receivers...but you never know.

Yes, OFA is a brand 'One for All', quite a nice remote for the money.

John DeSantis

Stunt Coordinator
Just figured out what OFA was....... Anyway, I think I may try one. I think I need to get a Learning remote to be sure it will work everything. Seems like all of these will work most but not all of the Equipment. It's really a pain......

Well, I'll head down to Walmart today (day off ) I know they have the OFA.

David X

Stunt Coordinator
John:
At first I thought that's what you meant, but it didn't make sense to me because there's no way anybody could tell you what the codes are for your cable remote unless it's made by OFA. Your cable company might be able to help you.
I think you just have to try them all if they don't list a code for Yamaha receivers.
Anyway, I bought a cheap non-learning OFA remote (silver, non-learning Cinema 7) at WalMart for about $15. You can use discreet codes with the cheap non-learning OFA remote using the magic button, and you can program these codes into the buttons of the OFA. I used the OFA remote discreet codes to teach them to my MX-500. I have discreet power on/off and discreet input commands for the Yamaha programmed into the MX-500. The harder commands are the ones that have use the mode switch on the silver remote. (I can cycle through the 'set' menu with the MX-500, but cycling through the 'parameter' menu is harder if you can do it at all.)
You can (and should) read all about the OFA here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/ofa/index.shtml
-David

John DeSantis

Stunt Coordinator
David: I got the OFA Cinema 7 too. I've just got it to power on the Yam and everything else. I haven't tried anything else. I like to get it to change the input mode on the Yami though. Not sure what you mean by descrete codes. I guess you mean having it do more than power on and volume.

It's not a learning remote though. If you got your Yami to do more with it then I should be able to also. Thanks

Andrej Dolenc

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Yamaha RX-V995 receiver and one of the One-for-All Cinema 6 remotes (learning). But I didn't need to learn anything for the yammie, picking one of the yamaha receiver codes pretty much set everything up. Various numbers on the remote pick different inputs.
Here's another site that has various codes for the Cinema series remote controls: Link Removed
Andrej

John DeSantis

Stunt Coordinator
Andrej: That's strange. I have the Cinema 7 and using the keypad numbers selects every input but the one I want to use a macro with ( tv/dbs ) damn! If only the Cable Box remote let me use the AUX for the Receiver I would be OK. At least I have the OFA 7 macro set to turn on TV and switch to Cable Box so that the Wife can run it with one button. Seems like a conspiracy with these remotes :)

Don P

Auditioning
Didn't know they were making a non learning Cinema-7, that's annoying. My Cinema-7 has been re-branded as Cinema-7+ which is learning where the plain Cinema-7 is not.

I remember having the same input selector problem, but my Cinema-7 was able to learn the code and after that I was all set. Did you use code RCVR 0176? Which Input are you missing?

BTW: A discrete code is a remote code that lets you directly select a 'state' that is a toggle. For example an on/off switch that toggles the power state. A discrete code might exist for ON so that it only turns it on and doesn't toggle the state to off if it is already ON. This is also typical of TV Input selectors, a discrete code to go directly to Video 3 without stepping through Video 1 and Video 2. Really handy in Macros as you can issue a command without changing the state if it is already correct.

David X

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, you can program a key to send any code with the non-learning cinema 7. I didn't do that, I just programmed it for receiver code 0176, and then used the magic key to test and send discreet code to my MX-500 remote, so it could learn them. For example, the discreet codes for 0176 (Yamaha receiver) is 248 for Discreet ON and 246 for discreet OFF. I think the procedure is to select reciever (after programming it to the correct code: 0176 in our case) then the Magic (setup or star) key then the 3 digit numeric code.
Discreet power codes are listed (generically) here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/ofa/discrete.shtml
You can find the advanced code list for receiver 0176 here in better format than the other link:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/codes2/amp_0176.shtml
which includes the discreet commands for selecting inputs. (Though I believe that they may be pre-programmed under the numeric keys as you noted.) The question to me is always which is which? So I reprogram them the way I want them setup. That's the power of the OFA remote, if you can handle the (mis)labelling of the keys, it's pretty darn good for $15. Once you find the codes you want, you can program almost any key to send any code. Just follow the instructions that came with the remote.
I don't know of any other remotes besides the OFA and OFA-made RS remotes that let you send any arbitrary code and allow you do things like volume punch-through.
Where they become really good is to use them to teach other learning remotes discreet codes for your equipment that the original remotes may not have included. For example, in addition to discreet power on/off there are also discreet codes for selecting DSP modes.
-David

David X

Stunt Coordinator
BTW, the discreet code for the TV/DBS input is either 100 or 173. Try them to see which one is the correct code.

(Select reciever, then press the star key, then the 3-digit code.)

-David

David X

Stunt Coordinator
Don:

After ordering my MX-500, I went to WalMart to pick up a learning Cinema 7, but the only one I found there was a silver non-learning version. Fortunately, it did everything I needed it to do. Radio Shack had their updated version of the 1994, but it was around $30 - $40 as I recall and since I didn't really need it, I didn't get it.

-David

John DeSantis

Stunt Coordinator
David: Thanks for the links. 100 did move the input to TV/DBS. Now, sorry about being so dense but I'm still not clear on how to use this info. Are you saying I can program the number keys to change inputs once I select RCVR? Or do you just have to punch them in for each input. Or, add them to the macro? I thought I saw where you couldn't program the number keys...... I'll try to add it to the macro first.

David X

Stunt Coordinator
John ..
Yes, once you find and test the discreet codes that you want to add or reprogram you can do that with the remote. The discreet code list for receiver 0176 will only work under a device key that you program to operate as a receiver using code 0176. (Advanced: You can even reprogram the device keys to be different devices with the OFA. Basically this just changes the way the buttons operate and what "slate" of commands are provided by the pre-programmed codes built into the remote, so if you have two CD players, you can reprogram an unused device key to operate the second CD player.)
You now have the receiver device key programmed to operate the receiver using code 0176. Now you can program almost any key you want to be discreet code 100, or you can move pre-programmed keys around so the remote operates the way you want it to work.
I think you can program most keys. I don't remember the number keys being an exception.
Go read the unofficial manual which describes the basic setup of the remotes advanced features including how to program a discreet code into a key:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/ofa/manua...shtml?URC-7200
(The silver model I have is the 7201 .. identical to the 7200 except for the color.)
hifi-remote is a site devoted to the OFA remotes. Go explore the entire site. Lots of good stuff there.
-David

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks