Yamaha 2092 to Pioneer Elite 45tx, is it an upgrade?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by jeff peterson, Jan 9, 2003.

1. jeff peterson

jeff peterson Supporting Actor

What's everyone's opinion? Would this be a worthwhile upgrade for me? I'd lose Yammy's front effects channels and second room capability but gain DTS and the MCACC auto-channel balancing/equalization.

2. Mark Russ

Mark Russ Second Unit

Jeff, I have a 2092 also, and although it was a monster in it's day, it's day is LONG past at this point. I pretty much only use mine in a bedroom system now. I say go ahead and get a newer receiver that is updated with all of the advances in the past few years that your 2092 doesn't have. It's time to move on now. If you don't already have a dvd player that supports DTS though, you will have to get one of those as well at some point. Plus, I've always felt that Yamahas are really finicky to match up with speakers. For instance, I would never even think about pairing one up with Klipschs. That would be a headache for sure! If you get the Pioneer Elite you mentioned, HK, Denon, Marantz, NAD, B&K, etc., it will probably match any given speaker better than the Yamaha 2092 does/did.

3. MikeRP

MikeRP Supporting Actor

The 45 TX is a great machine and I dare say a huge upgrade.

Mike