What's new

yamaha 196 or yamaha 298 (1 Viewer)

sand87

Auditioning
Real Name
sandeep
Hi all,

I am new to this forum.Was planning on buying a home theatre.my choices are either yamaha 196 or yamaha 298.

I was thinking against spending so much to buy 298.So i was wondering what i would be hugely missing if i go for 196.Is YPAO going to make a hell lot of difference.Apart from that what all is so good that i may miss out on highly if i go for yamaha 196?

Regards,
Sandeep

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
We get found by Indian people all the time. Have no idea how, but Hi...how are ya? (I'm fluent in Indian English. I've been a fan of Bollywood for years. Also a member of numerous British car websites where "lost in translation" happens a lot. I can help Australian, South African and Indian people with automotive issues...as terminology changes)

Yamaha does not allow us(being we are an American site) to view either of those two Pre-Package systems. We can find them where sold(there is more than one Indian internet sales site), but they are lacking in factual details we can use.

But.

YPAO is worth it. I'm not among the bastian of people who think room EQ are absolutely necessary though. Not sure if the YPAO in question includes "bass trim" (that is a Yamaha feature included with some Yamaha YPAO equipped AVR) or not.

If the 298 does in fact include bass trim...then yes...wholeheartedly...spend the extra money.

sand87

Auditioning
Real Name
sandeep
Also is it possible to just buy a receiver of yamaha and then plug in my philips speakers to it.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Again, I have no idea how either of those two Yamaha systems sound.

What are these Philips speakers? From 20 years ago when Philips was still a player in the burgeoning 5.0 scene...or from last year when you bought a HTiB?

sand87

Auditioning
Real Name
sandeep
Yep.Old one.some 5 yrs old.and this is a 2.1.so just wanted to check out if i could put them to any use with the amplifier of yamaha

sand87

Auditioning
Real Name
sandeep
Yes chan.it is.
i have one more question..How badly does YPAo effect my HT experience if i go for the one without it like YHT-196(india)?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks