1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Yamaha 1400 Zone 2

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by jeff peterson, Sep 22, 2003.

1. jeff peterson

jeff peterson Supporting Actor

I can't seem to get this to work on this recently purchased receiver. I have zone 2 active according to the settings the manual tells me I should have; ie, amp NOT active (so it doesn't use the amp to power the zone 2 speakers since I have a zone 2 amp). I replaced a Yammy 2092 (which also had zone 2) and just moved the RCA plugs from its zone 2 inputs to the 1400's.

I know digital inputs won't go to zone 2 but I tried it with analog inputs and still nothing.

So, did I miss something?

2. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

3. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Jeff,

Wayne’s right: If you have your DVD/CD player(s) connected via digital only, you won’t get sound to anyplace requiring an analog signal. However, as far as I know all players have both analog and digital outputs active simultaneously, so probably all you need to do is add the analog RCA cables between the players and receiver. If your Yamaha receiver is like my older one, both digital and analog signals are internally routed at the same time – i.e., digital goes to 5.1 processing, analog goes to tape monitor loops, etc.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt