What's new

Yamaha 1400 Zone 2 (1 Viewer)

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
I can't seem to get this to work on this recently purchased receiver. I have zone 2 active according to the settings the manual tells me I should have; ie, amp NOT active (so it doesn't use the amp to power the zone 2 speakers since I have a zone 2 amp). I replaced a Yammy 2092 (which also had zone 2) and just moved the RCA plugs from its zone 2 inputs to the 1400's.

I know digital inputs won't go to zone 2 but I tried it with analog inputs and still nothing.

So, did I miss something?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Jeff,

Wayne’s right: If you have your DVD/CD player(s) connected via digital only, you won’t get sound to anyplace requiring an analog signal. However, as far as I know all players have both analog and digital outputs active simultaneously, so probably all you need to do is add the analog RCA cables between the players and receiver. If your Yamaha receiver is like my older one, both digital and analog signals are internally routed at the same time – i.e., digital goes to 5.1 processing, analog goes to tape monitor loops, etc.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks