Yamaha 1200 question about adjusting Bass and Treble.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris PC, Nov 25, 2001.

1. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

On page 26 of the owners manual for the RX-V1200, it looks like there might be an alternate way of controling the bass via the remote, using the bass extention and the processor direct buttons. Am I mistaken?

With the analog like bass and treble controls on the front of the receiver, it would seem that its not possible.

Also, what is the bass controls center frequency? Anybody know? I know the "bass extention" acts at 60 hz, but what aout the regular bass control? The treble control? For instance, the onkyo 696 has a 50hz bass control center frequency. The Denon 2802 has a 100 hz center frequency for the bass control. What is it for the Yam 1200?

2. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Yamaha 1200 and 2200 receiver owners, can you tell me if you can control the bass and treble via the remote control?

3. Jimmy P

Jimmy P Stunt Coordinator

4. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Thanks. I've had that for a while. If you look on Page 26 of the manual for the 2200, it's hard to say for sure whether or not you can use the remote or not to adjust the bass and treble. Actually, now that I look at it, it might be saying that there is no way to adjust the bass and treble via the remote control. I'm not sure though. I was hoping that you could.

5. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Looks pretty clear to me, Chris. For volume the manual shows fingers pushing (+) and (-) buttons, and under that it says “Remote Control.” For “Bass Extension” and “Processor Direct,” it show fingers pushing the buttons, and under that is says “Front Panel.” If you could switch these from the remote, it would tell you which buttons to use.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

6. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Yep. I agree. I was just hoping beyond hope that someone would mention another way of controlling bass via the remote. I think its not possible. Oh well.