Yahoo Messenger Messed Me Up?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by MichaelBA, Apr 13, 2006.

1. MichaelBA

MichaelBA Supporting Actor

I downloaded Yahoo Messenger.

Now suddenly what happens is when I'm on page and I want to open a different page in another window, as soon as I click to do that and the other page opens, the first page (and any other pages already open) will automatically close!

The newly opened page will also contain an added feature: the Yahoo Toolbar, which I do not ever myself add to any window I have open.

This only started after I installed YM.

How can I stop this?!

Yahoo has not helped me resolve this at all.

Help, please. THANK YOU!

2. Gerald LaFrance

Gerald LaFrance Supporting Actor

Gerald LaFrance
    The Toolbar was installed when you picked Typical install you should have Picked Custom then you could of chose to Not install the toolbar and other Features that are not necessary.
    You might be able to uninstall the Yahoo Toolbar thru add remove programs and other Yahoo Features that are added on typical install. if not just Uninstall Yahoo all together then reinstall and choose custom install at step 2 then you will see the features they you can uncheck like the Toolbar and Yahoo Extras.

The Problem you are having with the web pages closing might be because of the extras, as I see no setting for that under Preferences. so go ahead and see if you can uninstall the Extras and the Toolbar and then check if Yahoo closes the page.

3. MichaelBA

MichaelBA Supporting Actor

Spot-on, Gerald -- I uninstalled Yahoo Toolbar as you suggested.

Thanks![​IMG]

4. Gerald LaFrance

Gerald LaFrance Supporting Actor

Gerald LaFrance
    Your Welcome! [​IMG]