Yahoo Mail problem of the bizarre kind

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Will_B, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Will_B

Will_B Producer

So the other day I am using an extremely old computer, so old that it's web browser didn't have java functionality.

But I wanted to check my email, so I signed in to Yahoo mail. Well, Yahoo Mail detected that I was on a very old browser and it suggested that in order to read my mail it would need to display my mail in an old fashioned way. I figured sure, why not.

So later that day I am back home on my modern computer, and I sign in to Yahoo mail, and instead of my normal modern Yahoo mail interface, it STILL has this gasoline powered, crank up the engine by hand interface in place -- and I can't find out how to restore it! It's not mentioned anywhere in their online help, and so far noone from India has responded to my plea.

It can't be a cookie issue since this is how it looks even on my modern computer. Has anyone ever faced this problem before? Here is a screen shot of what my Yahoo mail has reverted to:

[​IMG]

2. DaveNel

DaveNel Second Unit

I havent but a friend of mine did, He had to go to system tools and disk cleanup, Then went to internet explorer and clean the cookies, Then went to content and clear forms..

That should take care of it..

Next time on, Should be the updated version you are used to seeing..

3. Will_B

Will_B Producer

Thanks for the suggestions, but what ultimately worked was about 24 hours later it reset on its own. I figured cookies couldn't have been the cause since I'd been using a different computer, and cookies don't travel that way.