What's new

YAHOO!!! I met Terry Gilliam today! (1 Viewer)

David Ely

Supporting Actor
Today I attended a screening of the documentary "Lost In La Mancha" at the Toronto Film Festival. The content of the documentary is a topic for another thread. All I'll say is that it documents Gilliam's attempt to make "The Man Who Killed Don Quijote".
At the end of the screening, the film makers came for a Q&A along with Terry Gilliam!!! After answering some questions he was kind enough to sign a few autographs. I was hoping he'd show up, so I brought my Brazil DVD (Criterion) with me :) So I now have a signed copy of Brazil!!!! YAHOO!!!!
He was extremely kind and welcoming to all his fans.
Well ... there's still 7 more days left for the film festival. Let's see who I can meet next. Tom Tykwer was at the screening of Heaven today, but he didn't stick around for autographs. Tomorrow I'm seeing Gerry, so hopefully Gus Van Sant will make an appearance. I'll bring my Good Will Hunting DVD just in case ;)

JoshF

Supporting Actor
I am SO jealous. I'd love to meet the man, the legend that is Terry Gilliam.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Did he mention anything about another attempt at making Don Quijote?

How was Heaven?

~T

David Ely

Supporting Actor
Just thought I'd post an update.
Yesterday I had the pleasure of meeting Michael Moore. What a terrific guy he is! If you find "Bowling for Columbine" playing in a theater near you, go and catch it!! It's a documentary that will have you rolling on the floor laughing in one moment and the next moment completely depressed. Michael was able to obtain the cafeteria footage from the Columbine incident. I don't think there was a dry eye in the theater during that segment.
I also got to meet Gus Van Sant (got Good Will Hunting signed). His new movie, Gerry, is ... well ... interesting. Basically it's his attempt at what I like to call 'art cinema'. I thought it was a nice try, but nothing more. Gus seems to be extremely proud of himself as he believes he's truly created a brilliant work of art. I didn't have the balls to tell him how I felt about it :)
Now to answer questions ....
How was Heaven?
Heaven was INCREDIBLE! Unfortunately, I'm not sure how well it will do during its commercial release. I'll probably post a review in the MOVIES forum once the festival is over.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
How utterly cool! Gilliam is my favorite director (along with Kubrick) and I was hoping that Lost In La Mancha would be playing at the Chicago Int'l Film Festival, but it looks like it won't be, and neither is Heaven.
I envy you, you lucky bastard! :D

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I'm thinking about driving up to Toronto and kid-napping Terry and forcing him to perform on my community TV show.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
How awesome! Man, I wish I had the chance...of course I'm not entirely sure what I'd say to him... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks