What's new

Yahoo Groups Experiences? (1 Viewer)

John Watson

Screenwriter
I occasionally want to follow some subject with Google, but hesitate when it leads me to "Yahoo Groups".

I'm not even sure what Yahoo is, maybe its just a search engine, but I get the same chilled feeling as when I hear Microsoft is terminating support for some system they only introduced 5 years ago, or AOL has so far distributed about 3 trillion metric tons of their Internet sign up disks.

So, for Yahoo, how much personal info do you have to submit to join, do you get an avalanche of spam, is it safe to unsubscribe if you don't like it. (Safe in the sense that unsubscribing doesn't tell someone that they should just increase the spamming?)

Thanks for any tips.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
I forget how much information they request when registering, but just set up a free mail account and type in some bogus address info if they require it. I never give my regular e-mail account info when registering anywhere because I don't want to be bombarded with spam.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
What works best is to set up a special Yahoo email account and never use it except to register for Yahoo groups. :)

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
The addresses I use for my yahoo account are the canadian and american addresses for yahoo itself as well as its phone numbers. So if they want to sell my information they end up sending themselves more spam and junk phone calls.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks