What's new

yahoo bug's life CE re-release!! (1 Viewer)

CraigL

Screenwriter
Umm...is this a big deal? Is it a price drop?

As far as i know it is readily available.

Just curious...

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I could be wrong, but I believe the current release is non-anamorpic and nearly a bare bones disk.
Peace Out~:D

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
There are two "current" releases. The collector's edition went out of print for a while, but can still be found if you look hard enough. The more readily available version is barebones. Looks like they're putting the CE back in circulation :emoji_thumbsup:

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
The standard edition is a non-anamorphic single dic (WS and P&S) and is readily available.

The CE is anamorphic (don't know or care if it also has a P&S transfer on the same disc), and is NOT currently in print. But, copies can be found at variuos only vendors and at E-Bay.

I know this because three days ago, I ordered the CE from Digital Eyes (about $30), unaware that it was being re-released. I recently got a WS HD ready TV, and the non-anamorphic transfer just doesn't look that great, nor should it giving up a whole chunk of resolution.

Don't know if the price will drop, but for you guys, I hope so. For my sake, I hope NOT!!!

BGL

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
This is great news for people who do not have it. I count it as one of the best discs ever in my collection. I have the two disc "skinny" keepcase.

JohnnyHK

Stunt Coordinator
Just a nit about the 4x3 versions. They're not P&S, the shots were actually recomposed on the computer to account for the different aspect ratio.

The anamorphic widescreen is incredible though. It's Pixar's only 2.35 movie.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Just a nit about the 4x3 versions. They're not P&S, the shots were actually recomposed on the computer to account for the different aspect ratio.
Indeed. I'm sure the crew who spent all that time reformatting for 4x3 are just thrilled to hear it dismissed as "Pan & Scan". ;)
Better than Pan & Scan, yes, but still no substitute for the real 2.35:1 deal.

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
Sorry Johnny, Arif is corect in that Toy Story isnt 2.35, somewhow I had a strong memory of me watching it in 2.35....wierd..o well.

l8rz,
Deepak Jr.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I would actually be a little pissed if the 1.33:1 version was NOT included on the CE. I'm glad it is, for the fact that the filmmakers themselves worked on it, often changing shots and redoing things. There's some great material on this topic in the extras. Monsters, Inc.'s 1.33:1 version is also a restructuring, not pan-and-scan, and I too am glad it's included. Of course, I'll watch only the widescreen versions, but I've watched the 1.33:1 versions as well once and it was interesting.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Actually, with "Monsters Inc.", I think the rendered the whole thing fullscreen and matted it down to widescreen (which is still the original intended aspect ratio), making the fullscreen version closer to open matte than being recomposited like "A Bug's Life" and "Toy Story 2".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks