Yahoo auctions safe?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gil D, Sep 10, 2001.

1. Gil D

Gil D Supporting Actor

Which auction sites beyond ebay and ubid are recommended for your a/v and computer related purchases?
    I have had good experiences with ebay and ubid in the past. But often wonder how risky some of the smaller auction sites are. Yahoo seems to offer some insurance but only a significant amount if done using Paydirect. Also, many of the sellers there seem to be new or have little feedback. Do any HTF members have experience with Yahoo and other sites that they can share.

2. Kevin_W

Kevin_W Second Unit

Personally I feel any auction site can be risky. The most you can really go on is the seller's feedback. Buy from an established seller with all positive feedback, or if he does have a complaint, see if they offered an valid explanation of the problem.
    -Kevin

3. Han

Han Second Unit

I think it has more to do with the seller than the site, but then some sites do offer some kind of piece of mind I guess. Try www.audiogon.com
    Lots of good AV stuff there.
    I've gotten one thing from Yahoo's site, but that was through Fox Studios, so it wasn't some no-name dealer or person.

4. Samuel Des

Samuel Des Supporting Actor

Delete.
    [Edited last by Samuel Des on September 10, 2001 at 09:21 AM]

5. Gil D

Gil D Supporting Actor