What's new

Yahoo auctions safe? (1 Viewer)

Gil D

Supporting Actor
Which auction sites beyond ebay and ubid are recommended for your a/v and computer related purchases?
I have had good experiences with ebay and ubid in the past. But often wonder how risky some of the smaller auction sites are. Yahoo seems to offer some insurance but only a significant amount if done using Paydirect. Also, many of the sellers there seem to be new or have little feedback. Do any HTF members have experience with Yahoo and other sites that they can share.

Kevin_W

Second Unit
Personally I feel any auction site can be risky. The most you can really go on is the seller's feedback. Buy from an established seller with all positive feedback, or if he does have a complaint, see if they offered an valid explanation of the problem.
-Kevin

Han

Second Unit
I think it has more to do with the seller than the site, but then some sites do offer some kind of piece of mind I guess. Try www.audiogon.com
Lots of good AV stuff there.
I've gotten one thing from Yahoo's site, but that was through Fox Studios, so it wasn't some no-name dealer or person.

Gil D

Supporting Actor
This just got my attention
eek.gif

http://page.auctions.yahoo.com/aucti...aucview=search

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks