Yahmaha 5790

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Joe*H, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Joe*H

Joe*H Stunt Coordinator

Guys, I was at the local b@#% buys and they have a htr5790 on clearence for $385, its missing everthing. it works great and the guy said he would give it to me for $350 out the door. I like yamaha because you dont often hear about problems, but I dont know if its a good deal because by the time I buy the set up mic and remote I would think it would be another $100. so now you talking about $450. for $413 I can get a refurb onkyo 702 shipped to my door. what do you guys think pick up the yamaha or buy the onkyo.

2. Joe*H

Joe*H Stunt Coordinator

I called yamaha they said $140 for the remote and mic, I went on line and found them $120. Anyone know if I could just get an aftermarket remote and use that, or do I need the yamaha factory for set up.

3. rob-h

rob-h Second Unit

You can get a brand new 5890 shipped for not much more then the combined price that you are looking at.

4. Steve_L

Steve_L Stunt Coordinator

I hear good things about the Yamaha power capabilities, but I have read not so good things about their auto equalization/tuning system.

I'm not thinking that is much of a bargain they are offering you. You see those systems in stores and on the internet at below $500 prices regularly.

Think about the Pioneer 1015 too.

5. Joe*H

Joe*H Stunt Coordinator

they also had a clearence pioneer 1015 that he said he would give me for $399.99 and it had everything, but I see that you can get them off line new for $370. I just dont know what to buy. I know that I sound nuts but this is the reasons, I'm trying to stay around $400.

onkyo 702 refurb shipped to my door $415, but I figure that there are so many refurbs because onkyo's must have probelms.

pioneer 1015, I read that people say they are very under powered, but they are very nice looking, I would say the best looking of them all, never played with one, if this is not true please let me know.

hk 430 refurb same price online as above but also must have a lot of problems due to so many refurbs for sale.

yamaha, cant find refurbs so I figure that they must be built good.

I just want to get the best receiver for $400 that will last a couple of years. I know that I'm asking alot but thats all I can spend.