Yahama rxv2300

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Neil Joseph, Jul 28, 2003.

1. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    I did a quick search on this and pulled up 0 hits. What are your thoughts on this receiver. The cost is cdn$1099 retail but I understand there may be a $100 rebate.

2. Mark Robillard

Mark Robillard Auditioning

I have the RX-V3300 and would only trade it for the Z1. Yamaha makes incredible machines.

3. Jaime B

Jaime B Stunt Coordinator

Neil:

Yamaha is about to come out with its replacement, the RX-V2400. Go to www.audiorevolution.com and right there under "news and features" dated 07/25 check out the news on the Yamaha 2400 and the 1400.

There is a test in a Kiwi e-zine, if you are interested, but they speak "another language" if you know what I mean, Mate. (It's bland and un-informative).

JaimeB

4. Steve Winkler

Steve Winkler Stunt Coordinator

Hi Neil. I picked this receiver up in January '03. It has been nothing but pleasing to me. It has loads of power for my speakers (Dahlquist QX-9's and QX-60C center, SVS 20-39PC ISD)and the remote is very functional. Just a solid, solid, performer with detailed sound. BUT, if you could wait until September the 2400 looks to be an outstanding improvement. 7.1, component up conversion, flex crossovers, and the room equalizer(YPAO), wow.

$1099CAN is a pretty decent price, MSRP has come down obviously and IMO you wouldn't be disappointed with this unit. Depends on how much 6.1 and 7.1 matter and some of the other new bells and whistles.

Good luck,

Steve

5. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Component upconversion? Yummy. That alone is reason for me to wait.