What's new

YAAT: Yet another Anthem (AV20) Thread (1 Viewer)

Mike Loiterman

Stunt Coordinator
I just put my deposit down on my black AV20, but I'm wondering what processing modes it supports. I can't seem to track down a definitive list. Even their website is missing it, as far as I can tell. Obviously DD and DTS, but what else?

Also - what kind of balanced interconnects are people using to connect to their amps? I'm thinking of going with wickedcables custom made XLRs.

Also - When is the next software update scheduled? Are there cumulative release notes anywhere? The website only lists the last two.

One last Also - How do I use the two sub outs with just one sub? Do I need to do this?

Bob Wilson

Agent
The unit supports
DD 5.1
DTS 5.1
DD EX
DTS Matrix
DPL

It does not support as of yet
DPL II
DTS Discrete

It has a short selection of artificial modes (church hall etc) and a mode they call Cinemalogic which puts 2 channel through all 7 speakers

If you have only one sub then plug it into either sub out.

I have not used the balanced outputs.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
While it's not a true surround format we shouldn't forget THX Ultra (with Ultra2 coming soon).
oh, and stereo. :)

Ron Alcasid

Stunt Coordinator
I have my Active 40s connected to the AVM 20 via 25ft XLR cables and they sound FINE! Your mileage may vary of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks