What's new

YAAAY Crank Yankers Season 2 (1 Viewer)

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
I watched the new season last night. Absolutely hillarious. I didnt like adam carrolas character, but Special Ed was way funny! Ba Boop Be Boop Boop Ahhh YAAAAAAY.
:emoji_thumbsup:

MarcS

Stunt Coordinator
I was laughing so hard it gave me hiccups...

I know it's cable/sat and all, but it's still not a "pay" channel--I'm surprised they could get away with some of that stuff...

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
No, no no... "ba boom boom boom uhhh! yaaaayyyy!"

(I agree -- they gotta lose the Birchum character. Just not funny enough.)

I'm glad I stuck around for the rerun, which featured the near-classic "Wanda: I've got a turd on the backseat" one! :laugh:

Sergio Z.

Stunt Coordinator
"You go now, lady.
Lady??"
That was great!! Why do people stay on the phone that long? Do you guys think the people who get called ever find out about these and try to sue Comedy Central?

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
From what I heard, they are careful to make the calls from locations where they do not have to have the caller's permission to record the call. I know they go to Las Vegas to tape some calls, for instance. This doesn't cover the issue of harassment, though, but I suppose that for the Crank Yankers people to be liable for anything, they'd have to bother people more than once, which i doubt they do.

Ike

Screenwriter
This doesn't cover the issue of harassment, though, but I suppose that for the Crank Yankers people to be liable for anything, they'd have to bother people more than once, which i doubt they do.
Yes, they do. Sarah Silverman as Hadassah called the the lost and found three times. I'd like to know if they tell the person they are going to be on TV. It seems like that'd be the nice thing to do, since they could watch and have a laugh at themselves.

I think the show is okay, but sometimes I feel the calls aren't as good as the could be. I, like Rich, however, found Wanda Sykes "turd" call hilarious. But I've found that anything Wanda Sykes says is funny to me. It's her voice and delivery-it gets me every time.

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
Most of the skits are pretty funny - but NOTHING can top the Special Ed skits. I was crying when he was telling that British guy "Hey Lady, you go now!"

If they just did Special Ed skits, they would have a top 10 show ;)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
"Yes, they do. Sarah Silverman as Hadassah"

Where does the name Hadassah come from? Am I missing some kind of joke?

"From what I heard, they are careful to make the calls from locations where they do not have to have the caller's permission to record the call"

I think that I read that they do the calls in New York and Nevada where (for lack of a better term) prank call laws are a bit looser than in other places. I would also assume that after they make the call, they call back and get permission to use it on the air. I doubt they actually have to get permission to record (would ruin the premise of the show), but they do to use the call on tv. I would imagine that the recipients get a small stipend from Comedy Central as well.

"Why do people stay on the phone that long?"

I'm sure the actually success rate is pretty low. For every good call there's probably at least 20 who hung up

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
Well i've been watching the 2nd season of Crank Yankers, and I have to say, its just not that funny. I really enjoyed the first season of the show.

I was watching last nite's show and I may of chuckled a few times, but overall the show just doesn't tickle my funny bone.

Most of the calls seem to go no where and most end with no punch line.

You can only do so many skits with belching, Special Ed before it gets repetative.

Its nice to see some new characters. The Kimmel kids are usually pretty good. Niles is still consistantly funny.

Is any one else having the same feelings in regards to the show?

Paul

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
Im with you Paul. Aside from the occassional skit, it's just not funny anymore. Bring back the Jerky Boys.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Last night's was a bore.

I think my alltime favorite is the sex-phone one ("now do the duck!!" "quaaa-aack... quaa-aaack" "And the cow!" "mooo-ooooo...." "ah! ah! ah-roooo-oooo-oooo!!!").

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
I'm gonna go against the majority and wish they would get rid of that Special Ed character. Not that it isn't funny, but there are only some many times I can hear "Yaaayyyyyyyy!!" over and over in a call before it gets very old.

A few that really stick out funny for me are when they get ahold of those guys so desperate for sex. I remember one call to a computer repair shop where the guy was practically begging to come over and take a look at her machine! Another was for pizza delivery where the guy thought he was gonna get laid when he showed up.

Ike

Screenwriter
My all-time favorite is a sex phone one, but the one Stephen Colbert did where he interceded between the phone sex operator and his deaf friend.

Now that was hilarious.

MikeM

Screenwriter
My favorite character has to be Niles Standish. I love the accent and the bizarre requests he makes those listeners sit through...it's hilarious!

"Take that rate and double it!" :D

Shawn C

Screenwriter
"You got tupac?"

They play Crank Yankers on XM 150 (Comedy) sometimes as well as some other prank calls. (Jerky Boys) It's hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks