What's new

Y-splitter question please help! (1 Viewer)

familyguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jup
since i cant do PLIIx through my player what if i did it manaully.
what i mean is i could get two rca y connectors and connect both to the surround left and right outputs of the blu ray player. Then since the surround outputs are split into two, now take both and input them on both the surround and surround back inputs of the receiver.

in other words i split the surround output of the BD player and use this signal for both the surround and surround back speakers.

However, im pretty sure this will operate but what i dont know is about the splitt. If i splitt the surround output from the blu ray player into two (and thats for both left and right) will this degrade the signal quality and therefore will degrade the sound for all 4 of the surround speakers? i hope you all understand what im saying.

thanks!

familyguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jup
ok thanks, since i cant do PLIIx through my player what if i did it manaully.
what i mean is i could get two rca y connectors and connect both to the surround left and right outputs of the blu ray player. Then since the surround outputs are split into two, now take both and input them on both the surround and surround back inputs of the receiver.

in other words i split the surround output of the BD player and use this signal for both the surround and surround back speakers.

However, im pretty sure this will operate but what i dont know is about the splitt. If i splitt the surround output from the blu ray player into two (and thats for both left and right) will this degrade the signal quality and therefore will degrade the sound for all 4 of the surround speakers? i hope you all understand what im saying.

thanks!

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Not really, but it's no problem splitting an analog audio signal. Combining two audio signals with a Y splitter might not be a good thing, however. As long as you're not doing that, you should be okay.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I've merged your two threads. Please don't start multiple threads on the same topic. Thanks!

Buddy17

Auditioning
Real Name
Bud
if i understand correctly....

you will have to connect the whole system in analog, as in each channel will have to hooked up with its own RCA cable. You can't use a digital line for the mains, center, and sub, and then use an analog cable for your surrounds.

I don't understand why you need this done though...maybe try explaining yourself...

Robert McDonald

Stunt Coordinator
OK, can someone help me with this? Forgive me my ignorance.

I want to get a separate basic 2 channel receiver (

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks