XXX - cover artwork

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Mirza, Oct 4, 2002.

1. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Supporting Actor

[​IMG]

2. LennyP

LennyP Supporting Actor

Yeah, they sure stuck a lot of explosions onto the cover to support that quote. I still can't believe how 20x repeated and slo-moed scenes in XXX got 50% positive reviews while a great, original Ecks vs Sever gets 0% [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Thanks for the cover btw, I'll be getting this 'cause of Asia Argento, diminished to sticking her head out on posters and this cover.

3. Craig Sherman

Craig Sherman Stunt Coordinator

So how exactly does DavisDVD consistently keep scooping the other sites with cover art (and menu, and disc art, etc.). It's always nice to see how the studio plans to release a disc, and it's gotten to the point where I now have preconceived notions about the result when I hear what studio is putting out a DVD:

WB: Some good features perhaps, but in a Snapper or, hopefully, a 2-disc Digipack.

Paramount: No features, most likely in a keepcase, but now possibly in a slim-digipack. (e.g. Grease, Saturday Night Fever)

Columbia-Tristar: Some features, to be topped by a later release SE, keepcase, with crummy artwork (see XXX above).

Does any studio consistently use original poster art for their DVD's? I think CTHV is the worst culprit in the matter. Their Fisher King cover makes me angry.

Back on my meds,

CS