What's new

Xpost: Faroudja's DCDi de-interlacer? (1 Viewer)

Peter_Woo

Agent
What is Faroudja's DCDi de-interlacer? I have have it on my new Denon DVD900, is it worth the extra $$?
How does Denon DVD900 compare with Toshiba's SD4800? I am considering an exchange for the Toshiba since it's $110 cheaper. Is Denon DVD900 worth the money? Thanks

Brae

Supporting Actor
Peter, there are quite a few inexpensive DVD players that have DCDI but do not or can not advertise DCDI is under the hood. More than a year ago I bought the Panny RP-56 for $189. Nothing relating to DCDI, but its in the player. Do not go thinking that just because its advertised its the reason why the product is higher in price/value.

Peter_Woo

Agent
Brae,

Thank you for the advise but how do I find a DVD Player with DCDi if the maker does not advertise it? I went back to the store today and the salesman kept on insisting that Denon DVD900 is better than Toshiba SD4800 because of the better processing chip should I believe him??

Thanks again

Brae

Supporting Actor
Peter:

Unfortunately, that's not an easy question to answer. I got lucky on the AVS forum (DVD Hardware chatroom) and someone had a list of [then] known DVD players with unpublished DCDI included.

It would hurt to post a question about SD4800 in the AVS forum and see if someone already knows the answer.

MikeSRC

Second Unit
There's a list of some of the players that have DCDi here:

DCDi Players

In addition, the Panasonic RP56, CP67, CP72, XP30, XP50, Yamaha 2300 and Philips 963SA all have the DCDi chip.

That being said, the Denon 900 is not one of the best examples of a DCDi player for other reasons, especially at the price.

Check most of them out here: DVD Shootout

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks