XP User Logout Question...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rob Landolfi, Feb 6, 2003.

1. Rob Landolfi

Rob Landolfi Stunt Coordinator

I just got a new machine up and running, and am new to Windows XP. When I choose the user log off to switch between users, a program status window pops up and goes through a sequence to log off. The program that runs is "tfswctrl.exe". I don't remember if it did this the first few times I logged off when switching between users, or if this is the result of any hardware/software I've added. Can anyone tell me if they get this when logging off and switching users? Thanks.

2. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

Took me a little time to find out what it was, but here goes;

It's an application that's installed when you put in an HP CD writer.

It's safe to uninstall it.

scroll down this page for a better explanation.

http://www.answersthatwork.com/Taskl...tasklist_t.htm

3. Rob Landolfi

Brent,
    Thanks for the link and the info. I'll disable/delete this function of the DLA software that came with my Sony drive this weekend, and give it a shot. I didn't think that I originally had any hangups logging out, but recently upgraded the firmware for my Sony drive, and this must have been when I started having this happen.

4. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

It's weird that you's get it with a Sony drive.

A good now though[​IMG]

Brent

5. Rob Landolfi

I thought so, too. I had a 4x6x6 external HP CD burner on my old system that used the same software, but one of the upgrades to my new system's Sony DRU500A DVD/CD burner firmware was the inclusion of the HP/Veritas CD and DLA software. Now the DRU500A is called the DRU500AX, but it's just the 500A with the firmware upgrade already taken care of (as I understand it). Thanks again... I hate having some little glitch like that slow up an otherwise efficient system! Have a good one. [​IMG]