XP upload window no longer pops up?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by todbnla, Jul 1, 2004.

1. todbnla

todbnla Screenwriter

Todd
    I have been using my Nikon Coolpix 995 for 2 yrs or so using the supplied cable to up load pictures to my Dell pc.
    The standard Win XP "what would you like to do" box would pop up whenever I powered up my camera while it was hooked to my pc. All of a sudden, in the last 30 days this plug and play pop up no longer works, the gui never pops up and I have to use a new app which I had to download from Nikon to upload the pictures. I did some research on the Dell forums and I see a lot of people having the same problem but no one seems to know what is causing this problem, or, how to resolve it? Is it some new item caused by a recent Win Xp security upgrade download?

Anyone else have this problem? [​IMG]

PLMK-Thanks!

2. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

is there a drive-letter associated with the camera when it's connected? if so, from windows explorer -- try right-click / properties / auto-play tab.

there should be a section called "actions" where you can tell the pc what you want to have happen.

3. Tony Loewen

Tony Loewen Stunt Coordinator

scanner and camera wizard is also found under start --> all programs --> acccessories, does the same thing as the pop-up

4. todbnla

todbnla Screenwriter

Todd
    Scanner and camera wizard DOES show the camera but when you go to upload the pictures, it says camera not found.[​IMG]
    But, when you use the nikon broswer application it works fine...?[​IMG]