XP not keeping my default "take no action"

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ted Lee, Feb 14, 2003.

1. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

hi all -

my xp (home ed.) box recently started doing something weird. you know when you insert media xp asks you if you want to take a certain action?

well, i keep selecting "take no action" and checking the "always do selected action" (or whatever it says), but it doesn't seem to work.

the next time i insert the media (in this case a music cd) the dialog box pops right back up.

any ideas?

thx,

ted

2. John_Berger

John_Berger Cinematographer

Stop using XP. [​IMG]

I'm sure you're waiting for me to help you, but not on this one. You know that I refuse to use XP.

3. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

okay...NOW who is the smart ass! [​IMG]

4. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

Welcome to Windows XP. I had a major problem with Personalized Favorites, where it would always forget which favorite links I visited, thus never showing up in the menu unless I expand it manually. This went on for a month, and I gave up on it and disabled the stupid setting. This didn't happen on my other computer.

The MS Knowledgebase database says that it takes a week or two before it settles down. Naturally, they have no clue what they are talking about.

My laptop refuses to let me set network settings for any of my network adapters. This happened after I upgraded to Service Pack 1. I had the same problem on my desktop computer, but a hard drive wipe and a reinstall of XP and SP1 fixed that. I can't afford to do that with my laptop, as it is my work computer.
    Stupid Microsoft.

5. John_Berger

John_Berger Cinematographer