What's new

Xobx Dolby 5.1 Cuts out, optical cable or Xbox? (1 Viewer)

Michael Melton

Auditioning
Don't know if this is the right place to put this, if it is in the wrong place, please move it.

I got an Xbox and play/watch movies on my 30 inch HD Philips tv. Nice setup for the money. Now I finally retired my panasonic pro logic system and then got me a RCA Dolby 5.1 system. Not the fanciest, but with 400 watts it sounds incredible. I bought a plain old optical cable and hooked it up to my xbox (using the xbox hd pack to hook to my tv). Now everything is fine, but around an hour of playing a movie, the sound cuts out for a second and then comes back. I watched sleepy hollow and over half of star wars episode i today with my fiance, and it cut out twice. Now for over 4 hours of great entertainment, 2 seconds of no surround sound isn't much, but the cut out happens at key points, very irritating. Now when it happens I look at my rca receiver, the 6 indicators for the 6 speakers go off for a second and then all light up signaling 5.1 is in use again. It seems as though the xbox is periodically having a break in signal, or the optical cable is having a problem (first time using an optical cable). I would like this to be resolved soon because I just got into surround sound "land" and I like it and don't want any quirks. :) Has anybody had this problem and if you have, how was it solved? Thank you.

Blaine_M

Second Unit
SOunds to me like you are just experiencing layer changes on the DVD. You'll have to upgrade your DVD player if you want to eliminate them.

Michael Melton

Auditioning
Well when I rewind and play the scene again, no skip in the sound. I also had this problem on a single sided DVD-R.

Michael Melton

Auditioning
Ah, another with a problem. Great. Well not great that you and I have it, but at least I know I am not the only one and that my new surround sound system isn't screwed up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks