What's new

Xm Roady ..Using it in the home (1 Viewer)

I recieved an XM roady for christmas and I was wondering if anyone has messed around with trying to use it in the home.
Seems like you could easily use it in any boom box with the proper power connection.

Anyone run over to radio shack and buy a power adapter so that you could use it in a radio inside the home with the cassette adapter.

Yes I do realize they sell a kit. I was just wondering if this is a cheaper option and if anyone had tried it.

Jonathan

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Jon, did you not qualify for the free home kit via mail promo they were running? If not, a 6v 1000ma AC adapter should work fine. You can could also buy a skyfi home antenna or a blitzsafe micro antenna. I recieved my free home kit today, and purchased a home kit from the XM Fan Store a while ago, so now I can easily use my Roady at home, at work, and in the car. It works quite well, and the home kit that I got from XMFan came with the Skyfi remote which works perfectly on the Roady. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks