What's new

XM newbie/ problem (1 Viewer)

Andy Bell

Stunt Coordinator
Hoping that Ron or someone else can help me. I just bought the SkyFi receiver yesterday along with the car and home adaptor kits. I was very disappointed when I hooked up the home kit to my Lexicon MC-12 to hear a loud hum through my speakers. The L/R plugs are pushed in all the way. I just finished reading Rons review of XM versus Serius and he mentioned using his XM receiver in his system with no mention of any problems. Anyone got a clue?

Thanks, Andy

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Hi, Andy!

There should absolutely be no problem with
"hum" while playing the SkyFi through your
home receiver.

This leads me to wonder if you have a faulty
home kit.

Also, are you using the CD or AUX input on
the back of your receiver?

Perhaps there will be other suggestions here.

Andy Bell

Stunt Coordinator
Ronald,

Thanks for the reply. My processor has 8 analog audio input connectors. I assigned the SkiFi receiver to input #2.Tried another input but had same issue. On the XM411 forum I found someone had this same problem, but his problem was cured when he realized he needed to push the plugs all the way into his receiver.

Andy

Bryan_O

Agent
When I first got XM, a couple of years ago, I had a similar "hum" problem in my car. I purchased the Sony removable unit, w/ the home kit. For my car, I purchased a Terk antenna. For some reason or another, the Terk antenna produced a crazy hum. After playing a little "swap-tronics" I got a new antenna.

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks