Xenosaga MP3s

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gary King, Aug 13, 2001.

1. Gary King

Gary King Second Unit

The GIA (www.thegia.com) posted some Xenosaga MP3 samples a couple days ago.
    If they're any indication of the whole soundtrack, Xenosaga will have Mitsuda's best soundtrack (OST or arranged), by a *very* wide margin.

2. Sean Oneil

Sean Oneil Supporting Actor

I'm following that link right now. The original 'Xenogears' OST is still my all time favorite game OST.

3. Sean Oneil

Sounds really nice -same style as 'The begining of the end' with the Bulgarian Choir (second to last track on disc 2 of the 'Xenogears' OST). I know that all of the music for 'Xenosaga' is fully orchestrated. I think it was the London Philharmonic Orchestra who recorded it it with Mitsuda? I can't remember for sure.
    I also know that recently a 3 song promotional CD was passed around at a Japanese game show.
    I have been trying to get the full tracks, but all of my Game Music buddies on MIRC have not been able to track it down yet. Soon though, it will come.
    Why oh WHY can't they make this game for the X-box. It would be a perfect fit. (...I don't know if they will or not, but I know that the team is no longer in Square's iron grip so they should be free to do as they please with the license)
    Thanks for the link Gary.
    [Edited last by Sean Oneil on August 14, 2001 at 02:41 AM]

4. Gary King

Gary King Second Unit

I was wondering if that was live... the quality just seemed too good (even at 56k) to be synthesized.

5. Sean Oneil

Yes, I just double checked my information. It was in fact the London Philharmonic Orchestra. The Entire OST too.
    Can't wait for the release of that soundtrack.
    It is a shame that Umaetsu does not fully orchestrate his work for the FF games. I thought the FF VII reunion tracks were some of the best orchestrated music anywhere. Well, two of the three were (I thought that 'One Winged Angel' sounded better on the original FF VII OST). I wonder why Square can't spend the money to get FF OSTs fully orchestrated?
    Ah, well ...Xenosaga will be a great experience. I want it on the X-Box though so I can play it properly on the big screen.

6. Gary King

Gary King Second Unit

Wow... London Philharmonic.
    Maybe it's time to get a grassroots movement started for an Oscar for Xenosaga.
    I agree about the FF OSTs... The music is the most disappointing aspect of FFX - the sample quality isn't much better than the sample quality in FFIX. It's a real shame.

7. Sean Oneil

you still here?
    I found them!! (the two Xenosaga tracks in glorious VBR MP3 format) If you have an FTP set up, lemmie know the address so I can upload. you can send log/pass info to my e-mail: [email protected]
    I tried to e-mail them to you, but the files were too big for your mailbox.
    Both of them are just over 5 meg, and I even tried to send just one ...but that was too big also, so I think your mailbox must be full.
    [Edited last by Sean Oneil on August 15, 2001 at 02:30 AM]

8. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I would love to see FFXII with fully orchestrated music. That would rock.
    I heard that some of the FF music in the most recent few games (8, 9, 10) has been of a lower quality, which is probably due to the fact that they change artists more frequently than composers (they had Amano do art for 1-6 and 9, Nomura did art for 7, 8, 10 - they have had the same composer for the whole series). I have heard some of the fully orchestrated songs and they are great. Especially the Final Fantasy Theme at the endings of FFVIII and FFIX. Ahh....

9. John Chow

John Chow Second Unit

Sean,
    Any way you could get those files to me? You wouldn't happen to use ICQ would you? I would appreciate it very much. Xenogears is my favorite sound track, easily superior to the many final fantasy soundtracks out there. Or if it wouldn't be too much trouble to email it to me, not sure whether my mailbox will hold it or not though.